Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thrifty heirloom find

As I got dressed yesterday I realized I hadn't shown you my most recent heirloom. Shame on me! How can an heirloom be recent you ask? Well, one day this past summer my MIL went out on one of our most enjoyed adventures. Rummage sales. I was running late because our car was at the shop but she saw this gorgeous pendent and snatched it up right away. It was all of .50 cents. She knows me well, and knew I would love it.


The photo doesn't do it justice. It is a rose, encircled by a jeweled frame. Atop sits a large bow. It's gorgeous.


THEN she turned it over.



Try as I might, I could not for the life of me, get a photo of the inscription. But it is beautiful. It's inscription was beautiful. It's meaning to me was so precious. If you have read my blog before you know that I adore my grandma. She has recently passed on but this piece of jewelry is exactly what I would have purchased for her. It's inscription reads "Grandmother, I love you." The seller, was a young woman who had inherited all her grandma's jewelry and had kept what she wanted and was selling off what she didn't. She didn't know where the pendent came from.

When I arrived to the rummage sale we quickly hightailed it back to the girls booth, and I found a matching necklace for my new found heirloom. It's price, was a matching .50 cents. That day I received a .50 cent pendent and purchased a .50 cent necklace. But in all honesty, it's priceless.


~ Marcia

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful! Great price for a special piece. I love people who sells things like that pendant, but it also makes me sad. Do they ever regret selling heirlooms? Gee. I would!

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments