Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Reconnecting

I had a friend that I made at the mere age of 12, one who I had lost touch with after high school, but then had reacquainted with when we both worked for a company of 4000 employees. She came and went throughout my life, and then suddenly, she was gone again. I moved, she moved, but I tried to keep in touch through emails but to no avail. I finally gave up trying in 2006. Then yesterday, I find her reply, to an email I sent 3 years earlier! She said she had tried to reach me but had lost my email address until finding the long lost email. What a surprise! We picked up just as we had left off, mind you, many things had changed. Chatting with her warmed my soul as I realize I had not made the same depths of friendships as I had when I was a child. My two closest friends are girls I met at the ages of 11 and 15. My best friend is my twin sister. It's not that I don't try, it just seems that people are so busy and uninterested (maybe?) in making new lasting friendships. I would love to make new friends in my area. It would be great to go for coffee, or peruse a few yard sales, or catch a chick flick.

Please don't get me wrong, I am deeply grateful to the sweet comments and the connections I have made here online. You girls are so kind with your time and your thoughts. And my hope is that this little blog opens the door to meeting some great new girlfriends.

Yet I do wonder, where do you meet new friends? Have you made good friends since leaving high school?

~ Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

sweet comments