Friday, May 29, 2009

In memory

It has been a year today that my beloved Granny passed away at the young age of 87. My grandpa, her love, passed away back in 1995 and there wasn't a day that went by that she didn't miss him. So I am happy that they are reunited in Heavan, happy that she no longers lives by replying on strangers in a sterile "hospital" type enviornment, happy that I know she is finally happy and at peace. But boy do I miss her! She was the most sweetest, most caring, most beautiful soul I have ever had the honor of knowning. She helped shape who it is I am, and even more so, who it is I desire to be.


This picture was taken many many years ago, at my Grandparents house. I am the little face pearing out behind my cousin. Behind me is my uncle, my grandparents youngest child who is also a twin. Did I mention today is their birthday? Their mom passed away on their birthday and they saw that as a honor. I think that is wonderful. So happy birthday Uncles!!

And my Granny, here's to you I miss you more and more as the days pass but know one day I will see you again.
~ Marcia

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet tribute to her. I know you miss her so much. I know she is watching over you and is proud of the woman that you are!

    I hope you guys have a great date night (that's tonight, right?) and have a fabulous weekend!

    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think any of us even know how close our precious relatives and friends that have passed on, are to us! They are there..as one person so sweetly told me, just behind the moon...:)
    Love and hugs,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments