Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas, Yes I said it.

It's finally starting to feel like Fall in our area with just a touch of winter in the air. But being from the North you know we can't help but sleep with our windows cracked open ;)

So have you started your Christmas shopping? I have gotten as far as compiling a Christmas list of gift ideas. I'm late this year. Usually I like to start in October and be done by early November. I hate crowds.I love to shop but hate having to wait in long lines and even more settling on something I know the recipient will not love but having to get it because there isn't much left to choose from. So I'm planning on getting in the Christmas spirit this weekend. To start off, we're going to see this:

Disney's A Christmas Carol starring Jim Carrey.


(Photo courtesy of Disney)

I admit, I'm not a huge Jim Carrey fan but his rendition of The Grinch was amazing! I seem to like him better animated. LOL. I am so excited to see this movie!

Then its off to do some shopping! I love the Christmas Season. Things seem more magical, people a little more friendlier. Strangers seem to try to extend hospitality to those around them a bit more than usual. Trying as we might to be a "good neighbor" I think may have bite us in the butt just a tad, wouldn't you say? I mean, to omit the word Christmas from it's very holiday because we as a society are aiming to be politically correct, in my opinion has gone to far. Least we forget why it's called CHRISTmas in the first place? Schools are now closing for "winter break" and no longer "Christmas break". I am a big believer of the saying, "live and let live" but to say that we can no longer merrily say "Merry Christmas" to each other in the malls or in public places because someone within earshot may not celebrate it? I don't see it as an insult to those that don't celebrate but as a celebration for those that do. It's Christ's birthday, and for me I'm opting to keep Christ in Christmas. If that doesn't make me politically correct, I apologize, I don't mean to offend, but I do mean to celebrate the holiday for what it is.

OK, I'm done ranting! What we were talking about when I got side tracked? Oh yah, shopping! What are your favorite stores to hit up? Do you have a special go to place you know you'll find great deals, great gift ideas? I know for sure I want to visit the Disney store for my niece and nephew. Otherwise, probably the mall and the outlets. Anyone care to share their fave stores?

~ Marcia

1 comment:

  1. I love the small country shops and craft shows for gifts! Other than that I guess walmart for some things, although I don't like supporting the Chinese! Back in the day when alot of things were made in the USA, we HAD JOBS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments