Thursday, August 6, 2009

An angel with fur

A couple of days ago I shared with you my sweet pup Cinnamon. Today I thought I'd introduce my other furbaby. He too is a rescue animal, a long haired tabby that I adopted when he was just 4 weeks old. His owners cat had kittens, and decided they didn't want them so they opened their apartment door and let these two little defenseless and scared kitties out into their building to fend for themselves. Roscoe has always been a little jumpy and I wonder if that's due to his days of hearing doors slamming and having no where to go. He is a sweet soul this little one. I have had him before I met hubby, when I was living with my sister and her kitty, then it was just the two of us in our own condo. He had his own pillow and would sleep with me at night. I miss that, he doesn't sleep with me anymore. I guess the bed is too full now with hubby and Cinnamon.

Roscoe loves to drink slowing dripping water out of the faucet.



He isn't thrilled about getting his fur shaven, in fact, we do it over a couple of days so as not to stress him. But you can bet he struts his stuff after he's had a nice new haircut!



He likes to let us think he has no time for the dog, but we've seen him run up to her to play and then run away.



I think he cost me $20.00 and despite his urinary infection and his aversion to carpeting, he is the best investment I have ever made. He is a sweet soul that loves no matter how crabby you are or how long you've been away from home. He will cuddle with me when I'm down and just be there for me. It's amazing what animals know despite speaking any language.



I hope if you decide to bring an animal home you will consider adopting one from a shelter. They are just waiting for someone to give their love to.

~ Marcia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marcia, your pets are adorable!

    Thanks so much for joining the Rooster Party and displaying the button. I really appreciate it! See you on August 28th.

    Come back often....you are always welcome.

    Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a face! He's adorable too. Ours drink from the faucets too- all 6 of them that live inside. You can imagine it gets a bit crowded in our bathroom!

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments