Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer breeze

It's hot and humid, and a little grey. We haven't had a good downpour in a weeks, so although I prefer the sunshine, the clouds are welcome here today. Seems to me summer is just breezing by. My job keeps me at my desk for 9 hours a day, watching the world go by from my large window. I realize I am very fortunate to have a job, and as each bill I pay on follows a sigh of relief, that fortune is reiterated within me. Nevertheless, I do daydream that I have the summer off, to go exploring our new hometowm, to jump in the car and visit family and friends back home. To spend relaxing days out on our porch with a strong cup of jo' and a great book.

We eagerly anticipate weekends here in my home and we try to squeeze in as much summer fun as we can. So today I thought I'd share with you some of the fun we've had so far this summer.


We went to the zoo.







We received a visit from family. (She took her picture all by herself, no help from Auntie, thankyouverymuch.)



And we've explored some great walking trails with the pup.


So how has your summer been thus far?

~ Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

sweet comments