Thursday, June 11, 2009

A little bit creative

I have stumbled upon so many very creative ladies! I am envious of their abilities to create. But there are things that leave me stumped, like sewing for instance. Or quilting. Both things I would love to learn but fear I have two left hands (instead of feet, get it?) Anyway, I thought I'd share with you one of my creative projects.

My beloved Grandparents met in the theater. Grandpa sang opera while Grandma tickled the ivories. There is a song called, "Because" that Grandpa would sing while my Grandma played the piano. After Grandpa's passing, my uncle put together a compilation of the two of them singing and playing the piano. The photo below is the one he used for the tape's cover. I decided to use this picture and make frames for my sisters and my mom. I made theirs in dark brown and ventured into greens for mine. I prefer theres but I live and learn ;) You can't really tell from the picture but if you click on it you will see I spelt out the word BECAUSE in little metal letters. I wasn't being so smart to use round and square letters, it was because the store had run out!


Wanna share your favorite projects?

~ Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a great idea. I love the letters. Sorry I was not around yesterday, busy, busy. But I sure do love the pictures of the house below. Hope you are having a great week. Today is Friday for me- I am taking tomorrow off.

    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments