Thursday, May 21, 2009

My first award!



I am so excited! I received my very first award!! Thank you sooo much to Mervat who not only writes one amazing blog, but TWO! And she's a Mom, a scientist and a soon to be novelist! She can be seen at http://www.isthatnew.blogspot.com/ (I SO wish I could learn to link!). I am so grateful Mervat, thank you so much for nominating me!

The stipulation of this award states that I must list my 5 least favorite things before I can nominate some of my own favorite blogs. Therefore, here are my 5:


1) I really dislike waking up to an alarm. It bothers me so that I can't even eat breakfast right away. I must wait about an hour to be able to eat so as not to be sick.


2) I very much dislike my kitty's habit of using our carpet as his very large litterbox. He is 9 years old and rather skittish so when he is afraid or angry he'll let me know by urinating on the carpet. Just when I think all is well, he'll do it sometimes in his box, sometimes on the carpet. Arrgh.


3) Confrontation. I try to avoid telling someone that what they did/said or didn't do bothered me. Then it eats me up inside and I spend all this time rehashing what they could've meant. It is a frustrating waste of emotional time.


4) Storms. I am unjustifiably afraid of tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis. Anything that can take my house away. I panic, even though I do not live in an area that these natural disasters frequent, I still panic.


5) Much like my fear of storms is my very real fear of being in a car crash. I am the "backseat driver" everyone hates to have. My foot automatically slams on the non existent passenger brake. I will tell hubby, "he's braking" when the guy is four car lengths in front of us. As I get older this fear has gotten stronger. It's not as though the people I ride with want to get into an accident and I am the only one that doesn't. So I don't really know where this fear came from...


Now here are 5 of my favorite blogs:


BellaDella
Wsprsweetlyofcottages
Bless our Nest
Lady Liberty Patriot
Farm Wife Primatives


~ Marcia *Smiles*

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first award and thank you so much for listing me as one of your favorites! I think I can pretty much relate to all your fears.

    Hope you are having a great day. I am so excited the weekend is almost here. I've posted today but Blogger is not updating my feed- still says 2 days! Annoying! ;)

    Hugs!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..I am all smiles here! I am so pleased that you think highly enough of my blog to list me as one of your five favorites! Every now and then..in the past three months..someone has done something like this...some sweet precious thing..said something that warmed my heart and made me overjoyed that I found out what a "blog" was and decided to TRY it! What a joy it has been and when something like this happens...I feel that joy all over again! Thank you so much, Marcia! You have done me an honor!!
    ~smiles and love~
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments