Friday, May 1, 2009

Home tour....take 2

Today's tour will continue in the living room and dinning room. From the front entrance the living room is situated to the right. The TV stand is actually my grandma's old sewing machine. I put the lace cover to protect the wood from the TV.

The sofa is on the right of this picture. It also came from my grandma. The blue blanket you see is to protect it from Cinnamon.

If you look closely you can see Cinnamon and Roscoe both wanted to be in the picture ;)


I love to have pictures of our families and friends. I don't agree with real estate professionals who say to take down all the family pictures when showing your home. I think it makes the house look loved and happy. Anyway, I have a ton of pictures and am running out of room! The shelf is actually meant as a fireplace mantle that my parents gave me when I had a home with a fireplace. I asked huby to put it up above the window. I like it there.

From the living room it opens into the dinning room. It's a tiny little space off the kitchen but I think it's cute. I like that for an apartment it's seperate from the kitchen.


I don't care much for the standard issued light fixture or the carpet in the dinning room but otherwise I like it. I am going to put tall candles in the candle holders on the table. You can't see it from the picture but they are in an old silver serving tray I got at a thrift store for .99 cents. The door is off to the little "porch". I'll show you that in another tour.


Hope you liked it!


~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

sweet comments