Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Monday!

I am waiting to hear back about a job interview I went on last week, so I hope to be dreading Mondays again soon! But for now, its just another day on the home front.

We spent a nice Easter weekend. We did things around the house that needed doing, cleaning, laundry, shaving the cat. Umm, yah you read right. I have been shaving Roscoe for a couple of years now. His fur gets so matted and knotted that I feel badly for him. So one day I sent him to the groomers. He came home with a lion's cut, so cute right? But he was soooo mad at me. He would not walk out of his crate until I left the room! I think it traumatized him, so last year we decided to do it ourselves, not realizing just how much work this would be. We don't tie him down, we let him walk around and we stop when he starts getting antsy. So it usually takes us a couple of days to get him completely shaven. This time though it was me that had to stop. It's the first time that my eyes welled, and my face became patchy and swollen. It was horrible and itchy and I had to take a shower for the swelling and itch to go away. I guess I have become allergic to his dander.

Anyway, here's a pic of my cutie with a half new haircut. Doesn't he look smug?


It was on the chilly side here this weekend so we took the pooch on a short walk around our area. She met up with the resident swan and the two went nose to nose! Here's a little video of her adventure. :) Side note: Neither the dog nor the swan were hurt in the making of this video.

I hope you guys had a good weekend and a great upcoming week!

~Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Ooohh- I will keep my fingers crossed about the job interview. Let us know! Glad you had a nice weekend. I am looking forward to a lazy one soon, ours have been so busy lately. The kitty is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments