Monday, March 30, 2009

There's a storm brewing

Hi All!

I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was fun. Friday we did our groceries then went to Cracker Barrel for supper with the in laws. I looooove Cracker Barrel. Hubby bought me two little gifts, I will show you them in another post. Then on Saturday we went to see "A haunting in Conneticut". It is based on the TV show "A Haunting" which I have seen but this one differs from the one on TV. Hmmm, anyway, it wasn't very scary which is good as I am easily afraid. ;) I love haunting shows but they scare me nonetheless.

Anywho, yesterday they were calling for rain so we decided to take the pooch out for a walk before the rain came. It was supposed to be a high of 58F, instead it went up to 71F! So we decided to take her to two different community parks. We feel bad for her when she always snifs the same scents on our walks so we like to shake it up a bit and she just gets sooooo excited when we go for walks on new trails.

This house was on the walking trail. Isn't it a gorgeous old house? Oh yah, sorry for the date stamp, I thought if I removed date stamp it wouldn't give me any but apparently it puts its own.



You can't really make out the top center window but it was all stained glass. And I just looove the wrap around porch and widows walk.



Isn't this a neat old tree?



From there we decided to brave the clouds and went on to another park. I love this park, so far it is my favorite. Cinnamon wasn't sure what to make of the ducks!


There were also geese in them there pond.



A view from the trail.




A day is not complete without a self portrait. ;) I am really not this pale, honest!

Btw, I did dye my hair this weekend. I bought Revlon ColorSilk at Walmart for $2.97! My MIL says she's even found them for 2/$3.00! I can even go a bit darker next time but at that price I don't mind experimenting.

Anywho, back to my story, we made it home just in time to avoid the hail that came crashing down! Thankfully no tornado as they predicted and I panicked. I get into full panic mode when there's a storm and it gets worse as I age. Hmmm, I'm not sure why?!

Hope your weekend was a good one!


~ Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend. And I'm glad there were no storms. Those make me nervous too. The winds were crazy in VA yesterday, but still I managed to spraypaint like a crazy woman. I am stubborn like that. That old house is amazing. I love old homes like that.

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments