Sunday, August 15, 2010

Favorite kind of weekend....thrifty

It's no secret that I love to thrift. I love the challenge of the hunt. Finding something among tables of things people no longer need or want. It's an exhilarating feeling when you find something you LOVE at next to nothing!

Last weekend a girlfriend and I got up way early and headed out to the monthly first Saturday Flea Market. We got there before 8am and were dissapointed to find that some vendors had pulled out due to the ridiculous heat waves we've been having. The market was closed and a lot of tables were bare. But we still had a great time and managed to walk away with some treasures!

Take a look at this lamp. I had it in my hand. There was a $5 sticker on it, which I was willing to pay. Until the vendor told me to make an offer, I said $3, he said $4, I said sold!


It's true beauty is when it's turned on.



My Mother in Law had one and I fell in love with it. So I knew it's beauty. It now sits in my front all as you come in.



I picked up this little hand made sign. The sticker said $1.50, but the lady told me to give her just $1.00.



This weekend we headed to one of my favorite stores of all time! The Christmas Tree Shoppes! They are building one right down the road from where I live...HEAVEN! I picked up little individual loaf pans. They were only 0.89 cents each!

So I picked up 3!



Now, I passed this little guy up once before, only because I lake cupboard space. But I saw him again and had to have him. Especially because a cute little rooster sits atop it. For $2.99 I quickly scooped him up!



He matches the cute little dog biscuit jar I picked up last time I was there, also for $2.99


I finally found a soap pump container that I love! It too, was $2.99 and fits perfectly with my kitchen.



I got this as a gift and love it! It was $1.99!

I hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

sweet comments