Friday, June 5, 2009

Rainy days and Frizzy Hair

It's been raining daily in my neck of the woods. So much so they called for a flood watch the other night! I looove to fall asleep to the sound of rain. In our little apartment, our patio is right off our bedroom window, so we can sleep with the windows wide open without fear of rain spilling in. Rainy days have me feeling all cocooning, (is that a word?). I love to light candles, play some operatic music (reminds me of my grandpa) and cook. My kitchen is a tiny galley kitchen that I posted about a few posts back, but it works great for me. I love to make my mom's famous spaghetti sauce from scratch and let it sit all day, giving off aromas of onions, olive oil and tomatoes. It is such a welcoming scent. My mom's recipes usually start off with olive oil, chopped onions and garlic. Just that alone smells soooo good. Yum mm, I'm making myself hungry.


Anyway, another reason I am loving the rain is that the humidity is gone! I got a horrible haircut back in March, from a self proclaimed "stylist" that decided, thick hair was a curse and proceeded to cut into my curls with a razor blade! Shocked I tell you, shocked! Where we live now seems to have much more humidity than up North. So, today's post needs your expertise. I am thinking I will need to bite the bullet and get my hair trimmed to help even out the holes "Mr. Stylist" left in my hair. What I do need is some info from you lovely ladies. What are your favorite hair products? How do you keep it from turning into one large frizz ball?

Here's a pic of me and hubby at Disney world back in 2007 where my hair thrived in the humidity there! Which leads me to believe it's in the haircut.



Please excuse the "bangs". I tried to do the side swept look, so not attractive on me. That's my daddy in the back ground on the right. I love how the fireworks are all light up around him.


So that's my hair dilemma. Anything you can suggest would be so appreciated.

Have a great weekend girls!!

~ Marcia

4 comments:

  1. I just left a long comment and somehow it's gone. To summarize, I have no hair advice ;)

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. As for hair advice, I use Garnier Nutrisse,(sp?) sleek and shine leave in conditioner and use a flat iron to control the frizzy's. I live in a very low humidity climate but do go where it is very humid. The right haircut really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcia
    I have lots of hugs for you but no real advice .
    I have very thick hair and have had so many wrong hair cuts from people who think they know more than I do.
    I have found even a cheap conditioner helps after the hair grows back out.
    It is best to find someone who has hair like your own if you can.
    There are a few stylist out there who understand.
    We have moved so many times over the years and that is always the roughest part for me .
    We have lots of humidity where I live so it is an ongoing issue.
    I have found that a bandana comes in really handy :)
    Love the photo you shared.
    Have a fabulous week.
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my shampoo...I have curly hair and somehow I stumbled onto this shampoo. It is amazing.
    On the front it says NEW Garnier Fructis. Underneath that it says Fortifying Shampoo. Nutritive Fruit Micro-oils
    Vitamins B3+B6
    Apricot+Avocado Oil

    Sleek & Shine
    For dry, frizzy or unmanageable hair. Smooths hair for long lasting frizz control.

    I love it! You might want to try it. I think..I am not sure, but I think I got this bottle of shampoo at Costco. It is very large and ...has lasted me a long time.

    I hope that helps a bit.

    As far as a bad haircut...now this will get you. I am growing dye out of my hair and it has not been easy. So..the other day I got sick of it and knew I was going to get it cut but grabbed the back and took the sissors to it. Whack! Then I cut the sides. Having curly hair can be a blessing.. You can't even see the chop job I did on it! I did some hair dresser out of some change. :) I really do need to get THE RIGHT PERSON to cut it..but I will wait ..until I find that person.
    Love your blog! But you know that already!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments