Thursday, April 9, 2009

Everything turns...turns...turns...

I mentionned in yesterday's post that today is the 2nd month anniversary of my dads passing.

I have been greiving since we received word that the misdiagnosis of asthma was far more serious. Some days are ok, some not so ok, and I know things will never be the same. Yet, I also know that death is life itself. No one gets out alive! It's not the living part thats hard, its the waiting to be reunited that is tricky.

My dad was on my mind this morning when The Byrds song, "Everything (turns, turns, turns)" popped into my head. I always liked the song but never really paid attention to the lyrics so I decided to google them and see what the song is truly about. Boy, was I was stunned! This is my favorite part:

"A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
And a time for every purpose under heaven. "

I don't know why this song came to mind when I was thinking of my dad but I am so grateful it did. Maybe it was his way of saying this is natural, it's life. I believe in signs, in the afterlife. I believe those that have passed remain with us. I believe in things I cannot explain. So, for whatever reason this song popped into my mind it has helped me today.
So, dad, thanks for the song ;) I miss you so much. Ti Amo
~ Marcia

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

    I love that song too and I actually read it at my father in laws funeral many years ago ..

    It's based on the bible ... (I promise I never usually quote the bible!) ...

    To everything there is a season,
    a time for every purpose under the sun.
    A time to be born and a time to die;
    a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    a time to kill and a time to heal ...
    a time to weep and a time to laugh;
    a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
    a time to lose and a time to seek;
    a time to rend and a time to sew;
    a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
    a time to love and a time to hate;
    a time for war and a time for peace.
    ecclesiastes 3:1-8

    Sarah Lulu

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments