Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dumpster Diva

Hi Girls!


Last evening we took the pooch out for a small walk around our area. As we headed out I grabbed our recycling to put in the bins outside. While I walked toward the garbage area I noticed a man putting two wing back chairs in beside the garbage bins. (I believe they are wing back, anyway). My curiosity was peaked! But hubby told me to hurry along as Cinnamon was starting to get antsy. I forgot all about them until on our way back I had to dispose of the pooch's droppings and decided to check in on those wooden chairs.

Hubby was horrified when I told him they were in perfect condition and would fit beautifully on our porch! (Ok, ok, so it's a tiny balcony but calling it a porch makes it so much more inviting). He refused to help me carry them back up to our apartment and just ran on up ahead of me with Cinnamon. So I grabbed one chair and then went back down for the other. When I explained to him that had I seen them at Goodwill I would've paid for them, he started to come around. He was then flat out impressed when I told him that the stamp on the bottom said "Ethan Allen".

With a little paint they will be as good as new!



Aren't they great?! I am so excited to get my hands on them! But it'll have to wait because today is sooo cold and windy. And I'd like to paint them outside so instead I will focus my energy on this little guy. I bought this awhile ago and it just isn't working out for me. So I want to paint it, add decoupage and some metal words. I want to put a picture of my grandparents wedding day as well as my parents. (The current pictures came with the frame).



I know some people would yell at me for painting over beautiful wood, but it's just not working for me.


Anyway, these are my new projects. I will show you the "afters" once they are done. This has been my first experience finding something out of a dumpster and I am hooked! Where do you girls find your best treasures?

~ Marcia

1 comment:

  1. The mirror that sits on my fireplace mantel (in my post today)came out of the trash at my old apartment complex! Hubby was horrified when I came stumbling home with the huge thing. Those chairs are fabulous and will be easy to paint. I can't wait to see how they turn out. The frame is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete

sweet comments